|- Ubuntu 12.10 desktop|
On February 20, Canonical published in a security notice details about OpenStack Cinder vulnerability for its Ubuntu 12.10 and Ubuntu 12.04 operating systems.
According to Canonical, Cinder could be made to crash if it received specially crafted input.
It was discovered that Cinder would allow XML entity processing. A remote unauthenticated attacker could exploit this using the Cinder API to cause a denial of service via resource exhaustion.
For a more detailed description of the security problems, you can visit Canonical’s security notification.
The security flaws can be fixed if you upgrade your system(s) to the latest python-cinder package specific to each distribution. To apply the update, run the Update Manager application.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes. A system restart will not be needed to implement the changes.
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
The Linux Site brings Linux news from around the web to one easy location. As of 5:00PM, Monday, March 11, 2013, originating websites and authors are credited and linked to at the top of each page.
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 lightweight Linux distros for older PCs
- 6 Best Free Linux Media Centers
- 9 Great Free Linux Audio Players
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.3
- Install Netflix in Linux Mint, Fedora and Ubuntu - Tutorial
- The Best Music Player Application for Linux
- 10 Best Orthodox Free Linux File Managers
- GNOME vs KDE: which is right for you?
- Chromebook Pixel: Run Ubuntu alongside Chrome OS
- 8 Best Free Linux Small Footprint Web Browsers
- Video - Sparky Linux 2.1 Eris Final MATE- Linux Distribution Review wp.me/p34Cwj-Go 1 month ago
- Video - Crunchbang Linux 11 Waldorf Review on Dell Netbook wp.me/p34Cwj-Gl 1 month ago
- Video - Linux Tutorial Shell Script Basics Sessions 1 and 2 wp.me/p34Cwj-Gi 1 month ago
- Peppermint OS Review - Linux Distro Reviews wp.me/p34Cwj-Gf 1 month ago
- Linux Mint Mate Debian Review wp.me/p34Cwj-Gc 1 month ago